Definitely all Lesser Sugar Peeps, just in different plumages.

Jo Strange
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Heidi McCullough
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2010 8:22 AM
Subject: Help ID'ing peeps at Lake Jacomo

Christine Kline and I were birding Lake Jacomo yesterday afternoon, on a beautiful breezy day.  Not much happening on the lakeÖ.a couple male buffleheads, a single ring-gilled gull, a few cormorants in flight, plenty of TVís aloft,  and bluebirds a-courtiní in the trees.

 Most vexing was a flock of peeps.  Iíll admit Iím not the best at IDíing them, but luckily Christine had her camera and got some decent photos.  There are a variety of peeps, as you can see from the pictures,  but sizes were all quite similar.

The first photo was taken from a distance, the second is quite a bit closer, and after we flushed them, there is one shot of a few in flight.

http://www.mcculloughweb.com/peeps

Any help with IDs would be appreciated.

Have a great day, all   ;-)

Heidi McCullough , Kansas City (Platte County)

(with help from Christine)

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/
ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/