Ah, the first of April post.. Thanks for the fun.†† Jane Allen

St. Louis County.

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 8:22 AM, Heidi McCullough <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Christine Kline and I were birding Lake Jacomo yesterday afternoon, on a beautiful breezy day.† Not much happening on the lakeÖ.a couple male buffleheads, a single ring-gilled gull, a few cormorants in flight, plenty of TVís aloft, †and bluebirds a-courtiní in the trees.

†Most vexing was a flock of peeps.† Iíll admit Iím not the best at IDíing them, but luckily Christine had her camera and got some decent photos.† There are a variety of peeps, as you can see from the pictures, †but sizes were all quite similar.

The first photo was taken from a distance, the second is quite a bit closer, and after we flushed them, there is one shot of a few in flight.

http://www.mcculloughweb.com/peeps

Any help with IDs would be appreciated.

Have a great day, all†† ;-)

Heidi McCullough , Kansas City (Platte County)

(with help from Christine)

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/