I thought I would go down to Bluff Woods CA before the rains came! When I arrived at about 9 AM it began to get darker and darker, then a couple rumblings of thunder. I headed back for my vehicle in the parking lot. Barely had I made it back to the parking lot when it began to sprinkle. I drove back home in a deluge of liquid sunshine!

My time at Bluff Woods was about 20 minutes. I was able to pick up a FOY Louisiana Waterthrush and a few other regulars, but that was about it.

I believe our rain gauge is showing about 3 inches of rain! Now it is just sprinkling again.

Maybe I can get our tomorrow for a little bit longer and catch some of the migration you all are talking about!

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph