From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Diana Manister
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 8:53 AM
Subject: Re: Eliot on Charles Williams' mysticism

Arguing about what label fits Eliot's poetry is as silly as trying to label Shakespeare as either mystical or wordly or psychological or political, etc. A great artist covers all of it. Eliot's work addresses sociology as much as religion, and interpersonal relations or the lack thereof as much as spirituality. He was not a disembodied spirit. He was very much embodied, emotional, political and wordly as much as religious and perhaps mystical. And so is his work.

Diana