Dear Ken,

I have no expectation that your perception of me comes anywhere near accuracy.

Sometimes I suspect some of the men on this list like Eliot's work because it supports their misogyny.

Eliot himself made many statements within and without his work to support my view that he over-thought everything. Prufrock certainly does. What do you suppose was the cause of anomie, aboulie, neurasthenia or whatever it was that Eliot suffered from it it wasn't a constriction of his erotic, sensual and emotional life? He as much as said so himself. He was a genius intellectually and artistically and a mess as a human being for most of his life.

What is your contention? That Eliot was a well-rounded, sexually and emotionally fulfilled and free person?

Diana