"My days are in the yellow leaf;
 The flowers and fruits of love are gone;
 The worm, the canker, and the grief,
 Are mine alone!

 The fire that on my bosom preys
 Is lone as some volcanic isle;
 No torch is kindled at its blaze -
 A funeral pile!

 The hope, the fear, the jealous care,
 The exalted portion of the pain
 And power of love, I cannot share,
 But wear the chain."

 - Lord George Gordon Byron, 'On This Day I Complete My Thirty-Sixth Year'

'Life is real! Life is earnest!
 And the grave is not its goal;
 "Dust thou art, to dust returnest,"
 Was not spoken of the soul.'

 - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, 'A Psalm Of Life'

Cheers!
 CR