Dear Nancy,

By 'design' you mean themes? Eliot is still taught in terms of the
Fisher King myth, the Grail quest, and other leitmotifs. Formal and
stylistic considerations can of course be considered separately from
thematic content, the way sentences can be diagrammed, or paintings
considered in terms of composition. 'Design' in the sense of the
design of a building.

Diana

Sent from my iPod