From: "Chokh Raj" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 2:13 AM
Subject: The Tarot in 'The Waste Land'

> the Tarot symbols' mapping of reality --
>
> "Esoteric Symbols: The Tarot in Yeats, Eliot, and Kafka"
>  By June Leavitt
>
> from Introduction:
>
> "The mystical and metaphysical antecedents of the Tarot can be reduced
into three basic diagrammatic metaphors. ... The common denominator of these
three diagrammatic metaphors is that the Tarot represents a mystical way of
apprehending the world where the soul is placed on a voyage to what we may
call "enlightenment". It now remains to be seen how the mystical semiotics
of the Tarot may be related to literary texts and to the lives