I stopped by that area after work.  The Golden Plover count was well over 100 by then.  I also had two pipits on Mertz road near Portage.  At Portage the water is up and all the low areas are flooded.

David Becher
Saint Louis

Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 16:21:15 -0500
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: St. Charles County
To: [log in to unmask]

On Hwy 94 at Hwy H (just north of St. Charles) fifty plus American Golden Plovers were strung along a barren field on the east side of Hwy 94. Fifty plus Wilson's Snipe were in the grasses in front of the plovers. Four Greater Yellowlegs were also in the same area.

Otherwise St. Charles County has lots of shorebird habitat, but most of it currently is devoid of birds, except for the usual puddle ducks.

Connie Alwood
St. Louis County