Hello All,

I guess we have all had fun chasing the International Migratory Bird Count day thing.  I have the final answer, after a great deal of chasing web pages, and people.

The sponsors of the International Migratory Bird Day Count have dropped the program, it no longer exists.  The International Bird Day is now being sponsored by new organizations.  You can go to their web page to get a full understanding of their program objectives.  If an organization like ASM, Audubon Missouri, or any individual Audubon Chapter, or person wants to sponsor an International Migratory Bird Count, they are encouraged to do so by the International Bird Day organization.  The, and/or your organization, or person can select any day they want for when they want to conduct the count.  It is recommended by MBD, and I believe others to report your counts to eBirds.  Also, the MBD organization requests that you report to them if you conduct such a count.

I believe my simplistic explanation covers the latest.

Charlely Burwick
Greater Ozarks Audubon
Greene County, Springfield, Mo.