The ST. LOUIS AUDUBON SOCIETY is sponsoring a birding field trip starting
at HORSESHOE LAKE STATE PARK  on Saturday, March 20, 2010 at 8:00 AM.

DIRECTIONS:  From St. Louis continue east on I-70 to Hwy 111 (exit 6) and turn left.
Travel north on Hwy 111 about 2 miles  to Park Entrance; turn left into the park.
MEET in the first Parking Lot on the Right just inside the park; rest rooms are nearby.

PLAN:  This is planned to be a half-day trip covering all three sides of the entire area
around this park region.    A Fast Food rest stop will be included about mid-morning.

GOAL:  Seasonal Distribution Bar Graphs in the ST. LOUIS AREA BIRD GUIDE
indicate that at least 21 SPECIES OF DUCKS can be seen at this time.   On
some years we have found 17 species; can we beat that number?

BRING:  Your spotting scopes to share with others.   If you have them, also bring
FRS radios to talk between cars.   Bring Lunch and Drink; often we see too much to
finish by noon.   This is a good chance to see which type of scope or tripod that you
like best, and to learn about FRS radios used by birding groups across the nation.

Also I will try to explain how you can be sure that your scope and tripod-head can
never become loose from the tripod and hit the ground; OUCH !  If your scope is
loose with all the clamps tight, maybe we can help you find out why and fix it  !

TRIP COST:  Free !   Everyone is welcome,  members or non-members.

MORE INFO:   E-mail me or visit   htpp://www.stlouisaudubon.org

ALWAYS HAVE FUN:  GO BIRDING  !
Paul Bauer [log in to unmask] Florissant (St. Louis County), MO

http://mobirds.org/