Please help us celebrate the Missouri Prairie Foundation, recipient of our Conservation Award, and Bill Salsgiver, recipient of our Lifetime Achievement Award.

Also, half of all the money raised during the event will be donated to the Prairie Foundation in support of their efforts.

I hope you can join us!

Mitch

Mitch Leachman
Executive Director
St. Louis Audubon Society
314-599-7390

St. Louis Audubon Society
Annual Awards Dinner
Saturday, April 10th
Timothy R. Barksdale, Birdman Productions, LLC
We are pleased to announce our 2010 Annual Awards Dinner will take place at Orlando Gardens at 2050 Dorsett Village Plaza in Maryland Heights on Saturday, April 10th. Awards will be presented for Conservation, Outstanding Educator, Outstanding Volunteer, and Lifetime Achievement. The evening will conclude with our keynote speaker, Tim Barksdale, principal cameraman for Birdman Productions, LLC. Tim will deliver an engaging, multi-media presentation on the current plight of, and hope for, the Greater Prairie Chicken—the subject of his current film project for PBS.

Tim Barksdale has been filming birds and other wildlife for nearly 20 years and has built the largest stock footage library of North American birds in the world. His past collection, of more than 1,200 species, formed the foundation of the Macaulay Library video archive at the Cornell Lab of Ornithology. His current passion, the Greater Prairie Chicken, is listed red on the 2007 Audubon Watchlist and critically imperiled by the Missouri Department of Conservation. With less than 1/10th of 1% of native prairie left in the State, the Prairie Chicken has just a few, intensively-managed breeding locations remaining. Tim has traveled to the bird’s strongholds in Minnesota, Nebraska and Kansas while also documenting the restoration efforts of the Missouri Prairie Foundation and MDC here at home. He is distressed, yet upbeat having witnessed in his youth flocks of over 200 birds—sustaining populations are possible!

Please join us for this viewing of Tim’s stunning work and learn about this amazing prairie emblem.
6:00 p.m.—Registration / Open Bar
7:00 p.m.—Dinner Service and Award Presentations
8:30 p.m.—Keynote Presentation by Tim Barksdale
Please note there will NOT be a business meeting at this year’s event. We have scheduled our annual business meeting, including the election of officers, prior to the April program on Tuesday, April 20th.

The cost is just $25 per person. Reservations are required—please follow the instructions below.
Space is limited, so please register by April 1st to insure you can enjoy this wonderful evening!
Orlando Gardens is at 2050 Dorsett Village Plaza in Maryland Heights, just off I-270 and Dorsett in St. Louis County. Take I-270 Exit 17, Dorsett Rd and go west on Dorsett 1/3 mile to McKelvey. Turn right on McKelvey (at the Walgreen’s) for quick jog to main Plaza entrance on your left (opposite the Dairy Queen).

Please mail your payment by April 1st to: Mitch Leachman, 2728 Lakeport Drive, Maryland Heights, MO  63043. Make checks payable to St. Louis Audubon Society.

Database version: 6.14560
http://mobirds.org/