Greetings and what a fine day today is (aside from being at work)!

Today's Dexter City Lake lunch break visit was puntuated by 3 Northern Rough-winged Swallows that briefly visited the lake. They spent enough time (calling as they flew) for me to recognize their call, locate them, and then proceed to buzz me as they flew within 2 feet of my head as I stood on top the levee. I'm super glad that the one lifted a bit before getting to me, because it was at eye level there until about 6 feet away.

Other news at Dexter City Lake:
Yesterday a Red-bellied Woodpecker was excavating a hole & was absent during today's visit.
Eastern Bluebirds were checking out a couple tree cavities today.
And several rather noisy Bluejays continued their racket until I went to investigate their annoiance - a perched Cooper's Hawk.

Good Birding!

Chris Barrigar

Stoddard Co.

Hotmail is redefining busy with tools for the New Busy. Get more from your inbox. Sign up now.