From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Chrissy McClarren
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2010 1:11 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Allenton Access - Am. Woodcock

Well, I did some "doodling" all by myself tonight at Young CA - where Josh
initially find a large group of "doodles."  It was fabulous.  Long story,
but to make it short, the timberdoodles started peenting from a bit far away
for about 10 minutes, so I peented in my expert peenting fashion (hee, hee -
actually, I am pretty good...no birdjam needed here, ha! But if anyone wants
to donate an IPOD and Birdjam that'd be fine by me - I'd use it
ethically...swear) and they appeared suddenly on the trail.  They are
definitely territorial.

I got such incredible close-ups because I continued to peent at them and
they started walking right up to me, within three feet - and making little
grunting noises, like they were trying to scare the competition
away...little (uh, I mean big) old me.  Thank you so much.  It was a bit
daunting by myself, but I wanted to get the lay of the land before I took my
Mom and my honey with me, maybe this Friday.

I am excited for you and your daughters.  Fun!  Sounds like they got into
it, but you need to take them to Young CA where they can see them.  They
will go gaga, I am sure. I did!

Thanks again,
Chrissy McClarren