Dear Friends:

As many of you are aware, we have 2 fledgling great horned owlets out of the
nest here at Tower Grove Park.  They are beautiful animals, and we are
hopeful that they can develop to maturity.  They are understandably popular,
but we do have a concern that the close attention that they are receiving
could have a detrimental effect on their care by their parents.  The adults are
trying to feed the owlets, but sometimes the observers are so close to the
owlets that we fear that the feeding is being interfered with.  For that reason,
we have consulted with MDC and others and have the following urgent
message:

Please do not approach the owlets closer than 200 feet.  If you see anyone
else doing so, you can advise them to stay back for the benefit of the owlets,
or you can call the Park Ranger at 314-565-4613.  The Park Rangers have
been alerted to be on guard about the owlets and they are in touch with the
Police Department and the Missouri Department of Conservation.  They will
take appropriate action.

Thank you very much for your cooperation and support.  These wonderful
creatures need just a bit of space and a little more time.  Let’s see if we can
provide that for them.

Many thanks,

John Karel