I have Clay County data for NAMC since 1993, and have been compiler during
that time. I would post the years 1993 - 1996 to ASM NAMC Listing if I
could, but the year on ASM starts out in 1997. I haven't checked lately, but
I'm pretty sure all Clay Co. information has been added starting in 1997. If
I remember correctly, Pat Mahnkey of Taney County encouraged me to start a
count in Clay County.

I've noticed for a couple years that the initials, NAMC, have not been used
in referring to the Migratory Bird Count, but I have never read any
explanation of why. It seemed like a good idea to me to accumulate spring
data on birds on the same day every year in a county area; and since some of
us have made it a priority and take it seriously as well as a fun thing to
do, we need to find out if this is worth our efforts and how best to record
the compilations.

Clay County is planning to do a count on May 8, 2010 and I'll post the
results under Listing/NAMC on the ASM website. I welcome any who would like
to participate on that day. You may contact me at 816-628-4840 or
[log in to unmask] I divide the county into sections and assign these areas
among those who have agreed to work that day, however many hours they want
to spend in the field. They keep records and fill out a summary sheet, and I
compile them into one report. Personally I always look forward to the day,
but would like to know if our results serve a purpose other than our
enjoyment. Thanks to all those who are searching for more information on
this subject.

Jo Ann Eldridge, Kearney, Clay County