Please help us celebrate the Missouri Prairie Foundation, recipient of our
Conservation Award, and Bill Salsgiver, recipient of our Lifetime
Achievement Award.
Also, half of all the money raised during the event will be donated to the
Prairie Foundation in support of their efforts.
I hope you can join us!

Mitch

Mitch Leachman
Executive Director
St. Louis Audubon Society
314-599-7390

St. Louis Audubon Society
Annual Awards Dinner
Saturday, April 10th
Timothy R. Barksdale, Birdman Productions, LLC
We are pleased to announce our 2010 Annual Awards Dinner will take place at
Orlando Gardens at 2050 Dorsett Village Plaza in Maryland Heights on
Saturday, April 10th. Awards will be presented for Conservation, Outstanding
Educator, Outstanding Volunteer, and Lifetime Achievement. The evening will
conclude with our keynote speaker, Tim Barksdale, principal cameraman for
Birdman Productions, LLC. Tim will deliver an engaging, multi-media
presentation on the current plight of, and hope for, the Greater Prairie
Chicken-the subject of his current film project for PBS.
Tim Barksdale has been filming birds and other wildlife for nearly 20 years
and has built the largest stock footage library of North American birds in
the world. His past collection, of more than 1,200 species, formed the
foundation of the Macaulay Library video archive at the Cornell Lab of
Ornithology. His current passion, the Greater Prairie Chicken, is listed red
on the 2007 Audubon Watchlist and critically imperiled by the Missouri
Department of Conservation. With less than 1/10th of 1% of native prairie
left in the State, the Prairie Chicken has just a few, intensively-managed
breeding locations remaining. Tim has traveled to the bird’s strongholds in
Minnesota, Nebraska and Kansas while also documenting the restoration
efforts of the Missouri Prairie Foundation and MDC here at home. He is
distressed, yet upbeat having witnessed in his youth flocks of over 200
birds-sustaining populations are possible!
Please join us for this viewing of Tim’s stunning work and learn about this
amazing prairie emblem.
6:00 p.m.-Registration / Open Bar
7:00 p.m.-Dinner Service and Award Presentations
8:30 p.m.-Keynote Presentation by Tim Barksdale
Please note there will NOT be a business meeting at this year’s event. We
have scheduled our annual business meeting, including the election of
officers, prior to the April program on Tuesday, April 20th.
The cost is just $25 per person. Reservations are required-please follow the
instructions below.
Space is limited, so please register by April 1st to insure you can enjoy
this wonderful evening!
Orlando Gardens is at 2050 Dorsett Village Plaza in Maryland Heights, just
off I-270 and Dorsett in St. Louis County. Take I-270 Exit 17, Dorsett Rd
and go west on Dorsett 1/3 mile to McKelvey. Turn right on McKelvey (at the
Walgreen’s) for quick jog to main Plaza entrance on your left (opposite the
Dairy Queen). ◆
Please mail your payment by April 1st to: Mitch Leachman, 2728 Lakeport
Drive, Maryland Heights, MO  63043. Make checks payable to St. Louis Audubon
Society.

Database version: 6.14560

http://mobirds.org/