During my scoping of what is going on with the annual migratory bird count,
I did contact Mr. Rogles.  At last word he did not know for sure what the
latest circumstances are, but I understood he would try to find out.  The
International Migratory Bird Day organization is not sponsoring or
collecting any count data.  It was by direct contact with them that they
encouraged us make counts as a positive educational activity, and to let
them know about our activity. There is no longer any "specified count" day
as originally designed.  Our local chapter does plan to record our field
trip counts conducted during what we believe to be the migratory period, and
we plan to make those reports to eBirds.

It is unfortunate that there has not been any information forth coming  to
help all of us to sort through what to all us seems to be an important
effort.  At least, until something comes along to direct us differently, we
plan to go forward using the eBird process.

Charley