Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 05:16:18 -0800
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: To the TIMBERDODDLE lovers among us.
To: [log in to unmask]

I just want to recognize and thank all the birders who take time out of their busy lives to drive the back roads and walk the forest edge each and every spring in hopes of hearing and watching our beloved Timberdoddles. Some of you go to traditional and known peenting grounds where others search out new locations where the American Woodcock might be displaying. You are of the character that makes birders unique and it seems like each year there are more of us, also a good sign for the birding community. If you are a birder and have never heard nor seen the American Woodcock peent and display then pack your gear and head out, this time of year it is the best show in town.

Mike Doyen
Rolla, MO

Pablo Neruda.