Last night after work, a trip out to Otter Slough CA to search for shorebirds after the heavy T-storms we experienced down here yielded a lone adult basic plumage Bonaparte's Gull out over the water in pool/field 24. It was, as best I can guess, "flycatching" flies/insects on wing out over the water.

The time was about 6:14 pm and light was faltering, but I was able to cheat on the camera settings in order to get some diagnostic photos to make sure I wasn't mis-identifying a Little Gull. I won't dare anyone to try digiscoping a bouyant flying gull that's flycatching insects in low light conditions. If you do, I can promise you that you may lose your religion while trying.

Very fuzzy and dark photos can viewed here:
http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2267997760086129715nGTgGN
http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2098599700086129715psiGWM
http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2559434680086129715utBcce
http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2791447680086129715UBRkBY

More T-storms down here; we'll see what this next round bring in!

Good Birding!

Chris Barrigar

Stoddard Co.

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/