Spring Greetings All!

Yesterday after work, I shot out to Otter Slough CA Pool 35, where the majority of the shorebirds are congregating - Lesser & Greater Yellowlegs, Wilson's Snipe, Long-billed Dowitcher, Killdeer and Pectoral Sandpipers.

A large flock (counted 252 in one pass) of American Wigeon are also feeding in this field/pool. I searched through several times for a Eurasian, but still, no luck there.

While pouring over the ~20 shorebirds, I noticed that there were two Pectoral Sandpipers that were considerably smaller than the other 7 present. Could this be a male/female thing? I have not noticed this size difference before. Has anyone else observed this within this or other shorebird species?

Regards,

Chris Barrigar

Stoddard Co.