If anyone is interested, I have posted a link below to a blog  "Outdoors"
written by outdoor writer Larry Dablemont. He wrote a recent blog about a
large congregation of short-ear owls that recently occured between
Greenfield, MO and Lockwood, MO.

Larry does a radio talk show out of Stockton, Mo and a gentleman by the
name of Faren Fite called to report that he had seen 200+ owls in the area
and had photos as well.

If you follow the link, and scroll down the left hand side you will find a link to
the 2010 blogs of which there are 3 on the page. Once you have arrived at
the 2010 blog page, scroll down about half way to where the "Short-Ears
Aplenty" blog starts, you can read about this sighting and also see the
pictures for proof.

I have not heard of this many owls together in my life. I hope that you find
this as interesting as I do. The link, to Larry's blog, is as follows:

www.larrydablemontoutdoors.blogspot.com

http://mobirds.org/