Now that the info about the GH owl fledglings is out and about, I will
share a story I heard a couple of days ago from two guys who were
watching the nest hole with spotting scopes on Tuesday.  (Sorry, don't
know their names.)

If I have the story straight, no fledgling was in sight when they
arrived.  THEN, . . . a squirrel zipped into the hole and disappeared.
Shortly thereafter, he left the hole moving like a bat out of hell,
followed closely by a fledgling who appeared in the entrance and sat for
a while, blinking in the sun.  Another threat deterred by a brave baby
owl!!!

Happy Spring.

Gail Ahumada
St. Louis  MO