From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Jane C Allen
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Sunday, March 07, 2010 8:54 AM
Subject: backyard birds , St. Louis Co.

 I heard a shrill call, sort of like a whistle.. "come here".. it said.. So I did.. It was the eastern towhee on the fence. I had not seen it since returned home (but not home much).  Still have 3-4 whitethroated sparrows.. Haven't had the white-crowned return yet.
Did mention the white-breasted nuthatches and red-bellied woodpecker yesterday.. Otherwise, still have my colorful robin, cardinals (earlier in week were three males and one female.. think I've seen that before), the bluejays, house finches. Also mourning doves, house sparrows, eurasian tree sparrows, still an occasional d-e junco, the mockingbirds for contrast.  Nice to have some quiet time at home to watch..

Jane Allen
St. Louis County
ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/
ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/