Mobirders -

Randy and I took a spin around parts of Smithville Lake this afternoon.  The ice is finally starting to melt but the majority of water remains frozen over.  We located a small group of greater white-fronted geese by the dam.  A large group of pelicans was present near the Camp Branch Marina, as well as the long-tailed duck.  Short-eared Owls are still present at McComas Rd.  We passed Linda Williams along the way and she may have found birds we missed!

Jennifer Reidy and Randy Cartwright

Pied-billed Grebe - 1
Am. White Pelican (all breeding plumage - we had never seen or noticed at least the prominent fleshy knob on the bill!) - >35
Double-crested Cormorant - 2
Great Blue Heron - 1
Greater White-fronted Goose - 5
Canada Goose - hundreds