From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2010 4:36 PM
To: Andrew Forbes; MOBirds-l
Subject: Re: Northern Shrike Whetstone- gone?

Hi Andy and others,

I made two trips to Whetstone Creek CA this winter to see the Northern Shrike and could not find it either time. Others were able to find it after my (unposted) failures. I'm not sure we can know it has gone just because of not seeing it on one trip. I'm assuming it may search off the CA for food. Or, perhaps it has a roost that is not readily visible from the roadways. Just additional thoughts.

Best, Susan Hazelwood
MOBirds-L Co-Owner
Columbia, MO