From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Nikki Davenport
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2010 8:31 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: bird noise?

Last eve Nick and I were walking in the Glencoe area of St. Louis (out
by Eureka) and heard the same sound as Ann is talking about.  It was a
loud, single high pitched note at about 10 second intervals.  We could
not figure it out either?  We had heard the barred owls (at least three
of them calling) earlier, but this sounded like a tree frog or spring
peeper?  Looking for suggestions also.
Nick and Nikki
St. Louis, MO

Nikki Davenport
Math/Science Coordinator
School District of University City
8136 Groby Rd.
University City, MO 63130
314-290-4013

>>> Ann Wethington <[log in to unmask]> 3/1/2010 8:11 AM >>>
What bird or mammal would make a noise sounding like a tree frog?  I'm
just sure it's been too cold to have tree frogs chirping at night, but
about 9 -10 pm, that's the sound I heard.  It really didn't sound like
any bird - no owl I've ever heard - so, any suggestions?

A Wethington
Lawrence Co, MO