Not sure how I missed Josh at Columbia Bottom CA, St. Louis Co., this
morning, but I concur that the ducks were there in good numbers, and
the habitat continues to look promising for shorebirds over the next
couple of months.    SNOW GEESE went overhead in groups adding up to
3000+, and many KILLDEER are back now.  Additional species that were
nice to find were six RUSTY BLACKBIRDS and three BREWER'S BLACKBIRDS,
plus a handsome dark-morph adult WESTERN RED-TAILED HAWK (calurus)
near the visitor center.  Overall, there were plenty of birds all
over the area -- my species count was 58, posted on CACHE (haven't
had that many there in a morning since the first of October).

Bill Rowe
St. Louis

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/