When I meet birders out of MO, I wait until my MO birding companion
has introduced him/herself as from Missouree or Missourah, then
introduce myself as being from the opposite.

If they look perplexed or actually ask, I explain one may say it
EEEther way, for AYEther is correct, with about a 50-50 break in
preference among MO residents.  If they look askew, I add that I'm an
8th generation Missourian, so have some experience with the matter.

Enjoy this weather!

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO