The waterfowl species list is growing day by day! This morning I tallied twenty (20) species of waterfowl (Squaw Creek NWR and Saint Joseph Oxbows)

Unless otherwise noted the waterfowl on the list were seen at Squaw Creek (other sites are in parentheses). Squaw Creek was entirely ice-locked except for a medium sized area of water in Eagle Pool on the far side across from the observation deck at the main entrance. It was difficult to get a count of the various species as very many birds were crowded together in and around this one available spot of open water.

Greater White-fronted Goose
Snow Goose
Ross's Goose
Cackling Goose
Canada Goose
Trumpeter Swan (41) all appeared to be this species and surprisingly none wore neck collars.
Gadwall (Mud Lake, St. Joe)
American Wigeon (Mud Lake, St. Joe)
Mallard
Northern Shoveler (finally, they arrived!), they were at Muskrat Lake, St. Joe.
Northern Pintail
Green-winged Teal
Canvasback
Redhead
Ring-necked Duck
Lesser Scaup
Bufflehead
Common Goldeneye
Hooded Merganser
Common Merganser

On the way up to the refuge I observed ~100 Wild Turkeys enjoying their breakfast in a creek-side, harvested, corn field on the west side of 229 Highway.

At Squaw Creek on adult Bald Eagle was sitting on the nest (west side of the auto loop) and another adult was perched in a nearby tree.

I only saw one Killdeer today and it was near some Mallards/pintails in a harvested corn field near Mud Lake.

This evening at observed a FOY Winter Wren in our yard.

One Harris's Sparrow did not escape by view. It was perched rather high in a tree on the northeast corner of the auto tour loop. It stayed there for 10-15 seconds and then flew down into a brushy area, an elevation to which, I think, they are more accustomed.

After seeing over 200 Lapland Longspurs, I was halfway expecting to see about that many again today around the roads/fields south of St. Joe, but I only saw eight (8) this morning.
http://mobirds.org/