Dear Jerome,

No matter how much you want Marian worship to go away, you'll have to
do better than engage in squabbles over translations of the Pope's
statement to convince the busloads of Catholics making pilgrimages to
shrines to the Black Madonna all over Europe and America, to Lourdes,
and everywhere else where Mary is worshipped, whether or not you
consider it theologically correct. Soon the celebration of Mary, Queen
of the May will be accompanied by processions, prayers, hymns of
praise to her as "Queen of the Angels" and a ceremony in which her
statue is crowned with a wreath of fresh flowers. I guess the faithful
haven't received your memo.

Diana

Sent from my iPod