He grew up in a religious Christian home.  That is known.  No one has said otherwise.  That is not the issue.  It is a fact that at Harvard he attended Buddhist meetings and studied Eastern philosophy, but he did not become a Buddhist.  What is there to demonstrate about his early Christian milieu that anyone denies?
Nancy

>>> Chokh Raj <[log in to unmask]>03/07/10 11:32 AM >>>
Dear Listers,

In the posts that follow, I intend taking up Eliot's preoccupation with Christian thought and imagery in the poetry he chose to publish before his formal conversion to Catholicism. What fascinates is the fervence, ardor and earnestness that he brings to bear upon his treatment of them. To me it is here, more than anywhere else, that one can trace the poet's essential rootedness in Christian belief.

Regards,
 CR