Diana Manister ([log in to unmask]) wrote the following on Thu, Mar 04, 2010 at 07:05:27PM +0000:

> Dear George,
>
> An seated adult could not be "under" a door knob either. Maybe "beside."

Diana,

This is of course one of the sillier exchanges yet held on this list (although goodness knows there's plenty
of competition), but: I'm 6'3" and I just sat down (on the floor--it probably wasn't clear that I meant
that) with my back against my office door and, well, the doorknob was directly above my head.

Happy to test theories in literature with experiential data,
George