Greetings,

The Kafka Society of America is looking for paper proposals for the 2010 MLA Conference.  If you could forward the following calls for papers to interested parties (both professors and graduate students) we would be most appreciative.

Please note we will be accepting proposals through March 24th.

Thank you for your help in this matter.

Warmest regards,
Matthew Powell.

Kafka Worldwide: Translators as Transcreators.
All aspects of how translators inscribe interpretations by carrying Kafka across in different cultural contexts.
500-word abstracts by 24 March 2010.
Marie Luise Caputo-Mayr ([log in to unmask]) and Mark Harman ([log in to unmask]).

Kafka's Animals: Transanimals, Transcreatures.
Papers on all aspects, questions, transformations and sources in Kafka's animal writings.
500-word abstracts by 24 March 2010.
Marie Luise Caputo-Mayr ([log in to unmask]) and Marjorie Rhine ([log in to unmask])