The St. Louis media has been reporting the large number of American Crows roosting at and around the St. Louis University area.  Last week, Rick Smith from the zoo was telling me about the large number of crows that he saw roosting on the old Famous-Barr warehouse building around Grand & Hwy 40.  On January 1st while parking to go on a CBC at Hwy 40 & Hwy 170, hundreds of crows were flying west from that direction.  It's interesting that they have choosen that area in which to roost.  They are attempting to scare them away by using large cardboard images of Great Horned Owls.  (Rick Smith, if you see this e-mail, please contact me off-line.)

Pat Lueders, Webster Groves, MO