From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Dennis Jacobsen
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2010 9:38 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Help with ID--Photos links included

I photographed this immature accipiter in my yard.
http://www.pbase.com/infrawide/image/122197361

I did not hear it call and I am not good at estimating size, but I am
guessing about the length of an American Crow, maybe a little less.

It flared its tail once and it appeared rounded. But the rest of the
time it appeared as in this photo of the rear of the bird.
http://www.pbase.com/infrawide/image/122197362

Thanks,

Dennis Jacobsen
Waterloo (Monroe County) Illinois