Hello-

I just returned from a conference in Vail CO, but also did some snow-shoeing
into the back country. The following were seen either in the White River
National Forest, Gypseum-Eagle or outskirts of Vail. The elevation varies from
8500-11,000 ft.

American Black Crows (many)
Brown Creeper (1)
Black-capped Chickadee (at least 50 or more)
Mountain Chickadee (about 10-20)
Black-Billed Magpie (most numerous, >100)
Steller’s Jay (3)
Pine Siskin (1)
Rosy Finch (probable Gray-Crowned) (3)
Bald Eagle (1)
Golden Eagle (2)
Swainson’s Hawk (possible) (1)

Snow-Shoe Hare (1)

It's good to be back in MO- I missed our migratory water fowl!

ATB

Linda Bobo