I cruised the perimeter of Hi Lonesome CA, Benton Co., this afternoon
(2:30-4:30).

No Ferruginous Hawk.  No Prairie Falcon.  No Western Bluebird.

But there are some "yes's"  Among them:

Yes to a Short-eared Owl in the northeast corner of the area.

Yes to numerous Northern Harriers, Red-tailed and Rough-legged Hawks.

Yes to a Loggerhead Shrike (east side)

Yes to a flock of Eastern Bluebirds.  At 3 p.m.,  I watched at least
11 (8 males) as they moved through the backyards of the two houses--
one light green, one brick fronted--that are on the west side of
Klink Rd. just past the southwest corner of Hi Lonesome CA (this is
less than 1/2 mile from the parking area where Steve was Saturday).

This flock moved along, feeding on the ground, flying into trees,
onto wires, etc., past the two houses, then came out to the road.  I
was facing north, so followed them slowly in the car.

They came to the fencerow and were working their way along it, along
the conservation area.  They got as far as the rusting white pipe/
green gate entrance to the pasture on the west (1/4 mile south of the
parking lot), when a Northern Harrier spooked them.  They flew west-
southwest into cover.  I cruised more, waited here and there, but
they did not return as of 4:30.

I think I saw every bird in the flock, and saw each well enough to
determine all were Eastern Bluebirds.  However, my best guess is that
if the Western is still around, it would be attracted to this flock.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO