I arrived at Little Dixie Lake CA (Callaway Co.) at 12:45 today--just
in time to witness 10,000 Snow Geese come in.  Magnificent in sight
and sound.  They stayed on the water for about 15 minutes, then rose,
circled a couple of times and left.  I didn't see a raptor, but their
demeanor suggested an eagle nearby.

Also on Little Dixie Lake were at least:
735 Canada Geese,
39 Greater White-fronted Geese
8 Cackling Geese (may have been more, but these were clearly visible)
36 Mallard, 72 Canvasback, 4 Greater Scaup, 24 Lesser Scaup, 8 Hooded
Mergansers, 17 Common Mergansers, 2 Bufflehead, 29 Ring-necked Ducks,
14 Northern Pintail, 1 American Wigeon, 10 Common Goldeneye.

Full report on CACHE

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/