Gary Johnson and I visited Smithville lake today. We found the Long-tailed duck near the Camp Branch marina at about 10 am. We saw it near the edge of the ice between the bridge and the South boat ramp of the marina. We also saw the Northern Shrike at about 11:30 am working the fence row near the same area previously reported, Hardesty just North of 160th. We also had a good look at a Red-shouldered Hawk traveling West on 160th going toward the lake.

I am surprised that we didn't meet either Larry Olpin or Kristi Mayo.
 Paul Habiger
Kansas City, Missouri

http://mobirds.org/