The Columbia Audubon field trip destination was changed due to nasty
conditions detrimental to safe driving in the vicinity of the Long-
eared Owls.  Additionally, we felt that there were probably enough
Snow Geese at Eagle Bluffs to satisfy that need.  We can enjoy Swan
Lake in better conditions.

We went first to Eagle Bluffs CA, Boone Co., then to Whetstone Creek
CA in Callaway Co.  Full lists will be on CACHE later.  No Golden
Eagle seen by our group.

Highlights include:  18-20 thousand Snow Geese (only a couple Ross's
clearly identified--corn stubble and distance were factors), Canadas
(Greater and Interior), a few Cackling, many White-fronted Geese.
Ducks included 11 Canvasback, some Redheads, Lesser Scaup, Green-
winged Teal, 3 American Wigeon.  One Trumpeter Swan (possibly 2--seen
at different times/locations), several immature Bald Eagles, several
Ring-billed Gulls, a couple American Coots (can spring be far?),
Northern Harrier, one male Belted Kingfisher.

At Whetstone, a Rough-legged Hawk, several Red-tails and Northern
Harriers.  The Northern Shrike was more accommodating than usual and
allowed some pretty close viewing.

As an aside, I'm glad that, unlike the real kind, Trojan horses don't
like MacIntoshes!

Also, congrats to Steve Dilks for one really fun find today! (He also
saw the Prairie Falcon and a fine selection of raptors, but no
Ferruginous Hawk.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/