Dear Listserve Members,

A while back, I announced that Weston Bend State Park in Weston, Missouri
(Platte County) was recently designated as an IBA (Important Birding Area).

My reason for writing to you again is to let you know that the dates have
been confirmed and we are much further into the planning stages of WINGS
OVER WESTON, a festival to introduce Weston Bend State Park as an IBA.
School Groups will be invited to attend on Friday, May 7, 2010 and the
festival will be open to the general public on Saturday, May 8, 2010.  Many
of you replied to me personally to let me know you were interested in either
banding or bringing live birds you were rehabbing.  Again, we are not
necessarily seeking eagles, but rather falcons, hawks, or other birds that
migrate.

Please respond to me privately (via email or telephone) if you are willing
to confirm these dates with us as a participant and what you will be
bringing.  Participants are needed for Friday, May 7 and Saturday, May 8.

Thank you again for your help and for allowing me to use the Listserve to
reach you.

Christine Kline
Pleasant Hill, MO ~ Cass County
(816) 540-3515
Secretary, Burroughs Audubon
Festival Chair - Burroughs Audubon IBA Committee

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/