incidentally,

verse on canvas

"In the juvescence of the year / Came Christ the tiger"

"I am also currently working on some religious paintings, to see if that kind of narrative is possible in this secular age without becoming sentimental or mawkish.
It is almost impossible to paint religious figures convincingly. My painting, ‘In the Juvesence of the year came Christ the tiger, shows Christ, as a tiger, being mocked by TV celebs, Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross, and by the pusillanimous Archbishop of Canterbury." -- Jane Kelly, the artist

hope you like it --

CR