Have now quickly checked this, and Pat does mention Bleistein as the name of nearby extant City of London fur dealers, who were / are a traditionally Jewish commercial sector in London, as is 'the rag (clothing and dress manufacture) trade' in general.

Recall myself having some offline email chats with Pat whilst she was researching her book, about the name Bleistein and, particularly, the literal, German meaning of the name, which is 'leadstone' (with possible allusions to metallic ores, cf Goldstein/Silberstein/Eisenstein etc.0
This is more fully mentioned herehttp://stevencscheer.com/patriciasloane.htm

http://stevencscheer.com/patriciasloane.htm

This line of discussion with Pat also led I recall to one about hard rock mining in general, which differs very much in technique from the mining of coal, eg., tin mining in Cornwall; graphite mining in Cumberland from c. 1500/1600, along with iron ore (haematite) mining which burgeoned there from c. 1870s.

I have never seen anywhere else any reference to 'Stetson' extending beyond Rickard's admirably thorough notes on his website.

Similarly to 'Bleistein' , apart from the usual slouchbrimming headwear, the literal meaning of 'Stetson' is, in Danish, 'stepson' or possibly a shortening of son of Stephen / Stephenson, or juxtaposing 'Stet', if I recall schoolboy Latin from the verb 'to stand (firm)' which declines something like  'sto stare steti statum' which is not getting far away from a more universal allusion such as anyone's fighting son.

Whilst Stephenson is a fairly common surname in England, Stetson isn't, and no doubt was more common across the pond from those of Danish extraction.

regards

David