Dear CR,

Please be explicit about the structure or sequence of external action you perceive. An emotional arc is not action, which is physical.

Diana

Sent from my iPod

On Feb 20, 2010, at 9:23 AM, Chokh Raj <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear Listers,

Please let me present the four crucial phrases again for your kind consideration -- the first one in its complete form:

"an old man in a dry month, / Being read to by a boy, waiting for rain."

"an old man, / A dull head among windy spaces."

"An old man in a draughty house / Under a windy knob."

"an old man driven by the Trades / To a sleepy corner."

I call upon you to kindly reflect on them as part of our reappraisal of the poem's structure of thought --  and you will find that the monologue points to a significant involvement of the protagonist in a process of thought and action . Of that later.

Thanks,
CR