As I have read this poem all my life and have written on it, I have looked closely at what you describe.  Clearly there is a structure of some kind, but that does not, in itself, constitute drama or plot structure.  Each of these lines describes stasis, not action.  And he ends with no denoument; he is acted on but he has never acted.  Nor is there any clear antagonist.  So if your point is that there is some kind of structure to the poem, it would be interesting to see what it is.  It is not classical plot; that's all.
Nancy

>>> Chokh Raj <[log in to unmask]>02/20/10 9:25 AM >>>
Dear Listers,

Please let me present the four crucial phrases again for your kind consideration -- the first one in its complete form:

"an old man in a dry month, / Being read to by a boy, waiting for rain."

"an old man, / A dull head among windy spaces."

"An old man in a draughty house / Under a windy knob."

"an old man driven by the Trades / To a sleepy corner."

I call upon you to kindly reflect on them as part of our reappraisal of the poem's structure of thought --  and you will find that the monologue points to a significant involvement of the protagonist in a process of thought and action . Of that later.

Thanks,
CR