Dear Listers,

Please let me present the four crucial phrases again for your kind consideration -- the first one in its complete form:

"an old man in a dry month, / Being read to by a boy, waiting for rain."

"an old man, / A dull head among windy spaces."

"An old man in a draughty house / Under a windy knob."

"an old man driven by the Trades / To a sleepy corner."

I call upon you to kindly reflect on them as part of our reappraisal of the poem's structure of thought --  and you will find that the monologue points to a significant involvement of the protagonist in a process of thought and action . Of that later.

Thanks,
CR