Just looks to me like a disagreement, perhaps with a slight
expression of frustration.

----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Diana Manister
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, February 04, 2010 6:49 AM
Subject: Re: {Disarmed} Re: Prufrock question

Dear Peter,

I'll save Nancy the trouble:

">>> Ken Armstrong <[log in to unmask]> 02/03/10 8:51 AM >>>
Nancy Gish wrote:
> Why do you ignore the fact that the word does not mean "persona" in
> Italian

CR says explicitly "*a person who could/would/might..." etc.

Do you see it?

"Persona" he uses in reference to Prufrock. Can we not say
Prufrock is a persona? "One can visualize," not
"one can confirm that"...it is as legitimate a way of grasping (at)
Eliot's poetry as any.

Ken A "

Asking an Eliot scholar if she is capable of close reading is hugely disrespectful. Note that Ken's "style" as you call tone, is sarcastic.

Diana