From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Chokh Raj
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 9:07 AM
Subject: Re: Prufrock question

The ambiguity of Prufrock

Critics have taken note of Prufrock's self-deprecating mockery -- a-la Laforgue --

Maybe Prufrock is a prophet -- a lazarus come from the dead -- a vacillating hamlet -- or whatever -- and he enjoys wearing counter-masks to beguile/defraud/delight his readers/listeners --

Maybe he likes to dramatize situations he merely visualizes -- including any perverse streak in his subconscious -- secure in his belief that words are fun --

Prufrock has been many things to many readers --

Dreams and shadows are "indeterminate" --

Hats off to Diana !!!

CR