Dear Carrol,

Let's not ignore however that Salome was responsible for the bloody violence. Beheading has an obvious Freudian connotation.

One of the meanings of the image of the head on a platter is Prufrock's fear of being unmanned by a woman.

Only one, though. The other associations that accrue to the image are all fully valid, if they in fact connect to it.

Diana